healthy eating for healthy life
|Posted by food hugs on October 9, 2019 at 9:45 AM|
This recipe is a regular one in our house on Monday's when the oven is generally on for roast chicken or the like.
It's super easy to make and bake and is easy to make gluten free by choosing gluten free oats and baking powder.
1 large tub of low fat natural yogurt (500ml)
2 tubs of fine porridge oats (mill them in a food processor, nutribullet or coffee grinder)
2 tsp bread soda
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp ground chia seeds
2 tbsp milled hemp
2 tbsp ground pumpkin, sunflower and flaxseed mix
(or alternatively, just use 6 tbsp of a ground flaxseed mix from Aldi/Lidl)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a standard 2lb/900g loaf tin.
- Place the yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Wash out the container and dry. Use this tub to measure our the oats, grind them, and add to the bowl.
- Add in the salt, bread soda and seeds.
- Mix thoroughly. Place in the tin and flatten.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. after this time, remove for the tin and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, tip out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.