healthy eating for healthy life
|Posted by food hugs on October 22, 2019 at 8:00 AM|
Busier days call for a quicker dinner and this is one of ours.
Usually served with pasta or buttered spaghetti, I thought potatoes would be a nice change (peeled, chopped, onto an oiled tray, salt, cook for 40 mins at 200C. Throw some cooked peas on about 5 minutes from the end).
The tuna sauce is dead easy;
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely grated
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 3 tomatoes (or 10 large cherry ones), plunged in boiling water for 10 seconds to allow easy peeling
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tins of tuna
- Heat up a pan on the hob, medium heat.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes
- Add the grated apple and about 50ml hot water (to prevent sticking). Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (peeled and chopped), tomato paste and tuna.
- Mix, lower heat, put on a lid and cook for 10 minutes. .
Enjoyed by all!